Returning once more to our beloved romaine lettuce as part of this basic and light romaine, cucumber & mung bean sprout salad with a complementary sweet almond, lemon, and maple syrup dressing.
Required equipment for this recipe:
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Large salad bowl
- Small bowl (for dressing)
- Utensils to mix ingredients
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cucumber sliced and/or cubed
- 2 small Italian sweet peppers cut to desired size
- 75 grams mung bean sprouts
- 3 scallions cubed
- 3 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 heaping teaspoons sesame seeds
Get ingredients ready for preparation and use.
On your serving plate, place a ring of cucumber slices and sprinkle a pinch of sesame seeds over the cucumber.
In a large salad bowl, add chopped romaine, Italian sweet peppers, remaining (cubed) cucumbers, and scallions. Set aside and proceed to preparing the dressing.
In a small bowl, mix together the sweet almond oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sesame seeds. Whisk thoroughly using a fork.
When the dressing is ready, pour it over the salad.
And voila! Your salad is ready for serving.